Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Thanks Tag

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are having a good day. I can't believe it is already November. It doesn't even feel like November here. It has been feeling a lot like Spring along with the rain too! I want to show you a Fall tag I made using some fun techniques. For the background I stamped a basket weave background stamp using tan acrylic paint. After it dried I applied Walnut Distress stain over it. Next I spritzed some water over it to lighten the center to give it a more distressed look. I also did a little stamping on the edges of the tag.



I wanted to use gold foil around the edges of my tag, but among ALL the colors of foil I had I did not have gold! LOL! So I used a glue stick on the edges and applied some gold leaf instead.




The pumpkins were stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Distress markers and a water brush. I fussy cut them to add to the tag. I swiped colors of  Distress inks on my craft pad, spritzed with water and swiped my card stock through the inks and let it dry. I then punched out the leaves to add to the tag. I used a thick cream color embossing powder on the fancy label and stamped Thanks on it.




Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!


Challenges entered:

Love to Create Challenge #23:  Anything Mixed Media/Creative
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Thanks/Thanksgiving
Tim Holtz :  12 Tags of 2015 -- November

4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love all the autumnal colors, April. Great background too. Such a pretty tag.

Anne Temple said...

Your tag looks amazing. Love the colors you've used.

Lin said...

What a fun and colorful tag, April! I love everything you brought together here! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous autumn tag, April! Such pretty colors and textures! hope you are enjoying a wonderful week! hugs, de

Blog Archive