Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Oldies Technique #18 -- Collage Stamping

Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a good day. I want to show you a Thanksgiving card I made using the collage technique.This is a bit different than just random stamping in that you need to plan a bit about what stamps you will use and what you want to emphasize on your card. To some this can seem intimidating but it really is fun.




Supplies you will need:


several stamps ( they do not need to relate )
several colors of ink ( I used Distress inks )
light card stock


Here are the inks and stamps I used.




I started off using my script stamp. I stamped some of the stamp off the page to give the idea of the pattern going on. I did this with a lot of my stamps.




Now just keep building upon your stamps. Next I used the pumpkins across the bottom.




When stamping the leaves, I stamped directly and then stamped off once and stamped on the card stock to make some of the leaves lighter to look like they were in the background.




At this point I thought I was through, but it seemed like there was too much white space, so I stamped 2 more leaves lightly to fill in the space and added the owl. I think that helped it look better. You can keep going until you have the look you want.




I hope you will have fun playing. It may take some experimenting to get what you like, but I think you will have fun with this and it gives a neat look to your cards.




Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful and blessed day!


Challenges entered:

Chocolate, Coffee and Cards:  Celebration ( Thanksgiving )
Penny's Paper Crafty:  Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday:  Anything Goes






9 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love this April! How cool. Adorable little owl sitting on the pumpkin. Awesome project.

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card April. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT x

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, I just love the fine details in those leaves!!

scrappymo! said...

Great techniqwue, April. You are always so good about trying techniques and have great success with them. Your card looks wonderful!

By the way...you won the extra prize at my Rudolph Days Chgallenge. You won the Dazzling Snowflake Memory Box Die. Congratulations. Email me your address and I will get it sent off to you.
maureenkane1@gmail.com

SewPaperPaint said...

Such a pretty card, always loved this technique!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I like this collage a lot. The colors are pretty, but I like how the bright pumpkins seem to be the start in this card.

Michelle said...

A beautiful creation. Lovely work - thank you for sharing this with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

Donna Ellis said...

A lovely card, April! Thank you for showing the steps - I am so enjoying all your techniques - thank you for constantly inspiring me! hugs, de

Mandy said...

Gorgeous Autumn card April! So pretty and your stamping looks wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Blog Archive