Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Oldies Technique #5 -- Joseph's Coat With a Twist

Hi Everyone! Welcome back to another Oldies Technique. I hope you are having a good day. A lot of you might remember Joseph's Coat, but instead of sponging my backgrounds I have used patterned paper instead. I used Spellbinders Big Scallop Circle die to "cut" out the bird. The leaves are svgs.




Here are the supplies you will need:

patterned paper
background stamp 
clear embossing powder
heat tool
black ink -- I used Memento Tuxedo Black
Versa Mark ink 
paper towel


Ink up your stamp with Versa Mark ink and stamp onto the patterned paper.

  


Add clear embossing powder.



This is what it will look like before heating it. 




Use the heat tool to heat set the embossing powder. Now take your black ink pad and rub it all over the patterned paper to cover it very well.




Take the paper towel and start wiping off any excess ink that is on the embossed areas.




This is what it looks like when you are finished. The embossing powder acts as a resist to the black ink.




Here are two more samples I made using burgundy and blue inks. You do not have to use black. I also used sparkle clear embossing powder on these; although the sparkle is hard to see.





Thanks for dropping by. I hope you have been inspired by a new twist on an old technique. Have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

Scrapy Land: Spring and/or Easter ( Spellbinders Big Scallop Circle Die)









9 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Pretty! I think this is a good way to use patterned paper that you like but don't know how to use. TFS!

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card! I love how the bird's tail goes off the die! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #14!

Donna Ellis said...

What a gorgeous example of Joseph's Coat technique, April - so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Anne Temple said...

Love how this turned out using patterned papers! The black really makes the colors pop. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge too.

scrappymo! said...

This is such a gorgeous background that you have made. It makes a beautiful card!

Shirley said...

Wow, this is one reason I got back into hopping. Thanks for reminding and giving it a twist too! Thanks for the details. It is perfect for your bird image and the beautiful die cut flower with leaves too!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great card April. Love that technique. Thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

Fun technique, and your cards turned out beautiful, April. LOve the black, really made
colors brilliant!

Hugs
Sue

CarefreeSadie said...

Wow! Another wonderful technique! I think I like the ones with other color inks instead of the black best, but that is just my personal opinion. Thank you for sharing this technique and the directions.

Blog Archive