Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, March 31, 2014

April Showers



Welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's April 1 Reveal

    
April Fools! Have you tricked anyone yet today? And can you believe it is my birthday? I am not fooling! I have always asked my mom "why did you have to choose that day?" LOL!  Anyway I chose to use the new April Showers set to make my card. This set is perfect to use for the month of April of course! I love the look of paper piecing, so I paper pieced the umbrellas.




I used Gypsy red velvet glitter GM2005 on the frame, coats and bottom border and Blue Jewel glitter G1113 was used on the raindrops.





Here is the card opened. For the full instructions how to make this card you can click here.




This month 5 new stamp sets are being introduced. Until April 3, the sets are 20% off their regular price. The April Showers stamp set is available on Cling Mounted Rubber, as a digital image, and is also included in Jazzy Jill's Technique Video for the month.

April Showers #555P7
*NEW* also available as digital image here.
Ellie the Elephant #553P7
Diamond Medallion #530P7
*NEW* also available as digital image here.
Flamingo Bay #512P6
*NEW* also available as digital image here.
Crackle Background #609P5

On April 3 five winners will be selected from the comments left on the designers' blogs listed below. Each winner will receive a new stamp set, and the choice of one embossing powder and glitter to go with their new set. 

The new SNS Creative Challenges also begins today, with lots of prizes and recognition badges. This month, if you use a Sparkle N Sprinkle image in your Challenge project, not only will you become a Featured Artist, but your name will be entered in a separate drawing for 3 Ultra Fine Glitters and/or Embossing Powders.

The winners of the blog hop will be announced on April 3 on Facebook, the SNS blog, and on our blogs:


Anne Temple
Anita Scroggins
Steff Munnings - new designer!
Donna Ellis

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day AND watch out for all those tricksters today!

36 comments:

Mayras Designs said...

This is amazing !!! I love the design on those adorable umbrellas !! Gorgeous card !!

Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, April - your card reminds me of my childhood in southern California. The coloros, plaid, flowers - and - all the winter rain. A raincoat and umbrella were sufficient for our winters. I enjoy walking in the rain. (thanks for the memories). Darling card design with the paper piecing, and wonderful choice of colors and die cuts! thanks, too, for the pretty photos and write up. hugs, de

Anne Temple said...

This is so cute! Love the paper pieced umbrellas.

Belinda said...

This is just adorable, I love your paper pieced umbrellas!! Those colors are just so pretty together.

Jean Bullock said...

Wonderful, wonderful. I love the plaid you used for the umbrellas and the matching strip at the bottom. Also the strip that matches the inside of the card. I especially like how you glittered the rain and the puddle. This is such a charming card. Well done.

Roey said...

very, very cute thanks for sharing

Gina H said...

Your card is so cute! I love the paper pieced umbrellas and the colors. The craft background really makes the colors pop. Nice!

Anonymous said...

So pretty. Love the red circle around the little kids. The inside of the card was as nice as the outside. Great job.

Embellishments said...

Happy Birthday April :-) Love the paper piecing of the umbrella too. Remind me of a plaid umbrella my mom used to have. Great card and hope you have a wonderful day :-)
Hugs, Steff

Paula said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love how you pieced the umbrellas.

TracyM #6773 said...

Happy Birthday :)

Your card is DELIGHTFUL, inside & out!!!
LOVE the colour combo (the Gypsy Red Velvet Glitter is DELICIOUS), such a sweet stamp (your fussy cut umbrellas are AWESOME) and lovely layers too - LOVE IT ALL!!!

THANK YOU for sharing your sparkly and crafty inspiration :)

Eret said...

Happy Birthday, April!
Your card is so beautiful. Love the paper pieced umbrellas and your colorful flower. Truly wonderful card inside & out.
Hugs,
Eret

Unknown said...

Cute card....like the way everyone is doing the insides of the cards.

loulou said...

Happy Birthday April. Fantastic card. I love those checked paper pieced umbrellas and the great touches of glitter.

KT Fit Kitty said...

So adorable! Love you paper-pieced umbrellas! Really like you glittery die cut too! Also love your blog design - the kitty is so cute!

Winterseve said...

I love love love your card. It is so me! The patterned umbrellas and the matching strip at the bottom are fantastic! I HAVE to make something like this. I can't stop wishing it were mine. Great card!

Joy said...

So stinkin' cute! I love the patterned paper you chose and the glitter just makes the card pop. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

The pattern papers and the red glitter really make the design "pop" - so creative! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Love this. Who wouldn't love to own a sparkly red raincoat. Thanks for showing the inside of the card. This is the part I struggle with; thanks for the inspiration.

Pat said...

Love the use of paper piecing and your inclusion of the inside.

brenda trimmer said...

love the patterned umbrellas and the glittered puddle. Wish you the best birthday ever! (no April fools)!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the plaid umbrellas! Nice!

santalady said...

I like how you incorporated the glitter on the circle with the dresses and at the bottom too.

happy said...

I like the red glitter and the circle die. The umbrella pattern is cute.

Unknown said...

Your card takes me back to my childhood and all its wonderful memories. I never could decide which season I loved best, but definitely remember stomping in those March puddles! Your color choices lend real impact to the image, and I love the checked umbrellas. Great job, April!

Debbie said...

love the great colors, they pop
upnurse at aol dot com

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday April.......Beautiful card I luv the paper piecing technique and use it offten.

AuntDi said...

This card makes me happy! The colors, checks sunflower. It's very pretty.

Ramona said...

Love, love, love the colors you chose for this cheery card and love the rain drops!!

gobarb26 said...

Fantastic card! I love the paper piecing and all of the different designs.

Pam said...

Oh my goodness what a wonderful card. I love the paper piecing on the umbrellas. That technique adds so much to the card.

its4b said...

Love the plaid and the paper piercing. Nice different techniques.

Diana said...

Love the embossing, your paper choice!! So cute! TFS!

bdcampers@msn.com

Janis said...

Love the adorable pieced umbrellas!!! Sweet card.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Shirley said...

Wow, April, I really like your paper pieced umbrellas!! The whole card is lovely! I can almost here those little kids 'singing in the rain'! Your flower/bow, the washi tape, punched border, and glitter make a really beautiful card. Very warm and wonderful!

pg slot said...

โปรโมชั่น pg slot มากมาย เล่นง่ายจ่ายจริง แตกจริง ต้อง pg slot เท่านั้น! เล่นสล็อต พีจีสล็อต เว็บไซต์ตรงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ชั้นหนึ่ง ทกลอง เล่น ฟรี พร้อมโบนัส

Blog Archive